Tartlets are Fun to make and super scrumptious to eat! 😃
I had this amazing tartlets at a restaurant recently and re-created a healthier version of it.
For the tartlets:
almond flour -1.5 cups
ghee- half cup
For the filling:
200 gms mushroom
2 tbsp heavy cream
1 tbsp almond milk cottage cheese
salt and pepper
Method for the tartlets
1. Mix the almond flour with salt and a quarter tsp of baking powder
2. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and add in the ghee to form a beautiful blend
3. Add in the flour to the egg mixture slowly.
4. Fold into a dough that resembles cookie dough.
5. Divide the dough into smaller balls for the tartlets
6. Bake in tartlet tins for 15 min at 210 degrees
Method for the filling
1. Heat ghee in a pan
2. Add the sliced onions
3. Fry until golden brown. This is the point when the onions get this beautiful caramelized look and flavour
4. Add in to mushrooms and sautee till all the water evaporates
5. Add the salt and pepper
6. Add in the heavy cream and cook for 5-7 min.
7. Add some basil(optional)
Fill the baked tartlets with this scrumptious filling and top it up with some cottage cheese and grill for 4-5 min
#pcossupport #pcosliving #pcoslivingstrong #pcosstruggles #pcosdiet #almondflourrecipes #lowcarb